Exchange Program Alumni
The U.S. Embassy in Hanoi and the U.S. Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City sponsor a variety of international exchange programs each year, in conjunction with the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA). These exchanges are designed to enhance mutual understanding between the people of the U.S. and other nations.
The Department of State is committed to supporting alumni by providing resources that will help them to build upon their exchange experience.
U.S. government-sponsored (USG) exchange program participants and alumni living in Vietnam have a number of opportunities to be involved in post-exchange activities, as well as receive access to specialized resources such as:
- The Embassy’s public events such as speaker programs, cultural performance programs, scholarship/fellowship programs
- The Embassy’s alumni focused events such as alumni receptions, alumni gatherings, and alumni workshops/conferences
- The U.S. Embassy’s American Center, Rose Garden Tower, 170 Ngoc Khanh Street, Hanoi and the Consulate General’s Information Resource Center, 8th floor, Diamond Plaza,
34 Le Duan Blvd, Ho Chi Minh City.
- The annual Alumni Project Competition
Who is an alumnus(a)?
You are an alumnus(a) of a USG exchange program if you have participated in at least one of the following:
- Fulbright Scholar Program
- Fulbright Student Program
- Fulbright Scholar-in-Residence Program
- Humphrey Fellowship Program
- International Visitor Leadership Program
- Voluntary Visitor Program
- Study of the United States Institutes for Scholars and Secondary Educators
- Study of the United States Institutes for Students Leaders
- Global Undergraduate Exchange Program
- Undergraduate Intensive English Language Study Program
- American Council of Young Political Leaders
- Symposium on East Asia Security
- Kennedy Center-ECA Cultural Visitors/Fellows
- International Writing Program
- E-Teacher Scholarship Program
- English Access Microscholarship Program
Online Global Community for Alumni
State Alumni is the official website for more than 1,000,000 alumni of exchange programs sponsored by the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. Interactive, dynamic and password-protected, alumni.state.gov offers alumni from U.S. government-sponsored exchange programs a place to:
- Network with alumni from Fulbright, IVLP and other programs
- Find grant and funding opportunities worth more than $33 billion
- Access more than 20,000 free periodicals, newspapers and more
- Find the latest research in your field, plus jobs and career resources
- Participate in "Q&A Live" discussions with experts
- Share your experience with a global audience
- Read alumni success stories, perspectives and ideas
- Stay involved through a local alumni association
All alumni are invited to register for the site by clicking “Join Now.” All members are verified as alumni of a U.S. government-sponsored exchange program before receiving full access.
Please click to access the State Alumni global community.
The Vietnamese Community
In addition to the State Alumni website, alumni from Vietnam also have access to the Vietnamese Community. Tailored to the needs of Vietnamese alumni, the community contains many of the same features as State Alumni, such as alumni news, grants, jobs and other opportunities, but is unique to the Vietnamese alumni.
Once alumni log into State Alumni, they can select the Vietnamese Community from the drop-down on the right-hand side of the home page. Only alumni of Vietnam are given access to the community.
PDF files require Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by visiting the Adobe website.