The American Center
- Tiếng Việt
Mural Design Contest
Announcement of Cat Ba Langur Conservation Project Mural Design Contest
The U.S. Embassy in Hanoi and the Cat Ba Langur Conservation Project invite Vietnam’s creative community to submit designs for a mosaic portraying the Cat Ba langur in its beautiful, natural habitat of Cat Ba Island. Designs should be submitted in the form of a painting or drawing. The winner of the contest will receive a cash prize of VND 10,000,000 (ten million), and the winning design will be recreated as a mosaic at the entrance of Cat Ba National Park. The deadline for submissions is 5pm on Friday, August 10, 2012. Complete rules are outlined below.
Theme: The Cat Ba Langur and the unique natural landscape of Vietnam’s Cat Ba Island.
Background: The Cat Ba Langur Conservation Project would like to provide as a gift to Cat Ba National Park a mosaic depicting the Cat Ba langur in its beautiful, natural environment of Cat Ba Island. We are holding a contest to see who can create the best design for this beautiful mosaic. The winning design will be recreated as a mosaic on a 4m long x 2m wall at the entrance to Cat Ba National Park.
Designs should depict the Cat Ba Langur as well as the beauty of Cat Ba Island. You should keep in mind the final mosaic might consist of tile, small stones, colored sand, cement, shells or other materials in order to create three-dimensional depiction of your artwork that will last for many years to come.
How to Enter:
Designs can be submitted four ways:
- Digital submission using the online form.
- Digital submission by email: CatBaContest@gmail.com
- Hard copy by mail*: American Center Hanoi, Attn: Cat Ba Mural Contest, U.S. Embassy, 170 Ngoc Khanh, Ba Dinh, Hanoi
- Hard copy in person*: American Center, 1F Rose Garden, 170 Ngoc Khanh, Ba Dinh, Hanoi
*Note: If you are submitting a hard copy, the American Center cannot guarantee we will be able to return your submission.
- Contest is open to permanent residents of Vietnam, excluding employees of the U.S. government or their immediate family members.
- Digital entries must be created digitally and formatted as a high-resolution JPG file, with a file size of at least 2MB but not larger than 5MB.
- Hard copy entries can take the form of drawings, paintings, or other flat works of art.
- Entries must be an original work by the submitting individual, and may not infringe upon other intellectual property or copyrighted materials. Finalists will be required to submit a signature attesting to the originality of the artwork. In order to claim the contest prize, the winner will relinquish all intellectual property rights and physical ownership of the winning entry.
- By participating in the contest, the winner grants the Embassy permission to use, copy, modify or alter the image as needed without notification or compensation.
- Only one (1) submission per person will be accepted.
- Submissions including any objectionable, offensive, or copyrighted material will be disqualified from the contest.
- Submitted entries may be displayed by the U.S. Embassy at the conclusion of the contest, showcasing finalist entries.
- The Embassy is not responsible for lost submissions. Please keep a copy of your work.
- All entries must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, August 10, 2012. The U.S. Embassy reserves the right to extend this deadline, if necessary.
- Contest entries will be judged by panel of judges. Winners will be announced at a ceremony at a date to be announced.
- For more information, please contact HanoiAC@state.gov. (Do not submit entries to this address. Submit entries via the four methods above.)